Wednesday 7 September 1977
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Maud Fontenoy and Mateen Cleaves.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Best Of My Love by The Emotions.
In UK Way Down by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
House, directed by Nobuhiko Ohbayashi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while Falconer by John Cheever was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Soap.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dominos or Triple Hunt.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 September 1977!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 7 September 1977 ?
- Also see September 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Brazil - Independence day (from Portugal, 1822)
- Mozambique - Victory Day
- RC Saints - Saint Regina; Saint Evurtius (Heortius), St. Cloud (Clodoald)
- Maud Fontenoy: French sailor, inspired by Gérard d'Aboville, known for her rowings across the Atlantic (2003) and Pacific (2005) oceans.
- Mateen Cleaves
- Gianluca Grava: Italian footballer.
- Karine Costa: French singer, particularly known for her songs in animated Disney films, providing the singing voice of Jasmine in "Aladdin" (1992) and recording the song "C'est la vie" for "Bambi 2.".
- Molly Holly: American wrestler and trainer.
- Tanya Hyde: English porn actress and director.
- Jon Macken: English-Irish footballer.
- Nora Greenwald: American professional wrestler.
- Gustave Reese: Composer, dies at 77.
- Ethiopia drops diplomatic relations with Somalia
- President Carter and General Herrera sign Panama Canal treaties
- The Torrijos-Carter Treaties between Panama and the United States on the status of the Panama Canal are signed. The United States agrees to transfer control of the canal to Panama at the end of the 20th century.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Emotions - Best Of My Love
- Rita Coolidge - (Your Love Has Lifted Me) Higher And Higher
- Andy Gibb - I Just Want To Be Your Everything
- James Taylor - Handy Man
- The Floaters - Float On
- Fleetwood Mac - Don't Stop
- Commodores - Easy
- The Brothers Johnson - Strawberry Letter 23
- Electric Light Orchestra - Telephone Line
- The Sanford/Townsend Band - Smoke From A Distant Fire
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?