Friday 16 September 1977
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Greg Ball and Veronica Codesal.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to I Just Want To Be Your Everything by Andy Gibb.
In UK Way Down by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
L'enfant de Paris, directed by Lonce Perret, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Arrow Emblem - Grand Prix No Taka.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing DND or Video Olympics.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1977!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1977 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Greg Ball: American politician.
- Veronica Codesal: Belgian singer and musician of spanish origin.
- Musiq Soulchild: R&B Singer.
- Gregory Ball: American captain and politician.
- Ringo releases Drowning in Sea of Love
- Glam rock pioneer Marc Bolan dies in a car crash in Barnes, London.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 September 1977
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Andy Gibb - I Just Want To Be Your Everything
- The Floaters - Float On
- The Emotions - Best Of My Love
- James Taylor - Handy Man
- Fleetwood Mac - Don't Stop
- KC and the Sunshine Band - Keep It Comin' Love
- The Brothers Johnson - Strawberry Letter 23
- Electric Light Orchestra - Telephone Line
- The Sanford/Townsend Band - Smoke From A Distant Fire
- The London Symphony Orchestra - Star Wars Main Title
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?