Sunday 30 August 1959
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mark ''Jacko'' Jackson and Yves Calvi.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to The Three Bells by The Browns.
In UK Living Doll by Cliff Richard & The Drifters was in the top 5 hits.
The Magician, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Lady Chatterly'S Lover by D.H. Lawrence was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 August 1959!
Which were the important events of 30 August 1959 ?
- International Day of the Disappeared
- Turkey - Victory Day (to commemorate the Battle of Dumlupinar in 1922)
- Peru - Saint Rose of Lima's Day
- Mark ''Jacko'' Jackson: Australian rules footballer and actor.
- Yves Calvi: French TV and radio host, journalist, currently presenter of "C dans l'air" on France 5, national channel.
- Pino Insegno: Italian actor, voice actor, dubbing director, director and television presenter.
- : Australian footballer actor and singer.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Browns - The Three Bells
- Phil Phillips - Sea Of Love
- Sammy Turner - Lavender-Blue
- Elvis Presley - A Big Hunk O' Love
- Carl Dobkins Jr. - My Heart Is An Open Book
- Ray Charles - What'd I Say (Part I)
- The Drifters - There Goes My Baby
- Santo and Johnny - Sleep Walk
- Dinah Washington - What A Diff'rence A Day Makes
- Fats Domino - I Want To Walk You Home
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?