Monday 10 August 1959
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rosanna Arquette in New York City and Mark Price bass/vocals (All About Eve.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to A Big Hunk O' Love by Elvis Presley.
In UK Living Doll by Cliff Richard & The Drifters was in the top 5 hits.
The Tingler, directed by William Castle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Lady Chatterly'S Lover by D.H. Lawrence was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Oh Boy!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1959!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1959 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Rosanna Arquette in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Desperately Seeking Susan).
- Mark Price bass/vocals (All About Eve: Tin Huey - "Contents Dislodged").
- Rosanna Arquette: American actress born into a theatrical family of three generations of close-knit, liberal actors.
- Gianluca Rinaldini: Italian tennis player with a brilliant talent and a promising career.
- Albert Owen: Welsh sailor and politician.
- Mark Price: English drummer (All About Eve and Del Amitri)
- Florent Vollant: Innu-Canadian singer-songwriter (Kashtin)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 10 August 1959
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - A Big Hunk O' Love
- Paul Anka - Lonely Boy
- Carl Dobkins Jr. - My Heart Is An Open Book
- The Drifters - There Goes My Baby
- Sammy Turner - Lavender-Blue
- Fabian - Tiger
- Johnny Horton - The Battle Of New Orleans
- Dinah Washington - What A Diff'rence A Day Makes
- Ray Charles - What'd I Say (Part I)
- Stonewall Jackson - Waterloo
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?