Saturday 30 July 1960
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 30, 1960). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Linklater and Dale Hunter.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to I'm Sorry by Brenda Lee.
In UK Please Don't Tease by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
Hell to Eternity, directed by Phil Karlson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while The Night They Burned The Mountain by Thomas A. Dooley was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching My Sister Eileen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 July 1960
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 July 1960!
Which were the important events of 30 July 1960 ?
- Vanuatu - Independence Day
- St. Julitta (a martyr)
- St. Sennen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Abdon
- Richard Linklater: American director and screenwriter.
- Dale Hunter
- Brillante Mendoza
- Jennifer Barnes: American-English musicologist and academic.
- Jeff Rudom: American basketball player and actor (d. 2011).
- 1st AFL preseason game Boston Patriots defeat Bills in Buffalo (28-7)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Brenda Lee - I'm Sorry
- Roy Orbison - Only The Lonely (Know The Way I Feel)
- Hollywood Argyles - Alley-Oop
- Connie Francis - Everybody's Somebody's Fool
- Brian Hyland - Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polkadot Bikini
- The Fendermen - Mule Skinner Blues
- Safaris - Image Of A Girl
- Ray Peterson - Tell Laura I Love Her
- Hank Locklin - Please Help Me, I'm Falling
- Brenda Lee - That's All You Gotta Do
Top #10 R&B songs
- Dinah Washington - This Bitter Earth
- Ray Charles and his Orchestra - Sticks And Stones
- Heartbreak (It's Hurtin' Me) - Jon Thomas and Orchestra
- Jackie Wilson - A Woman, A Lover, A Friend
- There's Something On Your Mind (Part 2) - Bobby Marchan
- Dinah Washington & Brook Benton - A Rockin' Good Way (To Mess Around And Fall In Love)
- Sam Cooke - Wonderful World
- Lloyd Price and His Orchestra - Question
- Brenda Lee - I'm Sorry
- The Olympics - Big Boy Pete
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?