Monday 11 July 1960
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Caroline Quentin and David Baerwald.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Alley-Oop by Hollywood Argyles.
In UK Good Timin' by Jimmy Jones was in the top 5 hits.
13 Ghosts, directed by William Castle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Comedy Spot.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1960!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1960 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Caroline Quentin: British comedy actress, best known as the long-suffering Dorothy on the British sitcom "Men Behaving Badly," 1992.
- David Baerwald: David Baerwald American singer-songwriter (David & David).
- 28th All Star Baseball Game: NL wins 5-3 at Municipal Stadium, Kansas City
- Czechoslovakia adopts Constitution
- Ivory Coast, Dahomey, Upper Volta and Niger declare independence
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee is first published.
- Independence of Benin, Burkina Faso and Niger.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 July 1960
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Hollywood Argyles - Alley-Oop
- Brenda Lee - I'm Sorry
- Connie Francis - Everybody's Somebody's Fool
- Duane Eddy - Because They're Young
- The Fendermen - Mule Skinner Blues
- Roy Orbison - Only The Lonely (Know The Way I Feel)
- Brenda Lee - That's All You Gotta Do
- Paul Anka - My Home Town
- Dinah Washington - A Rockin' Good Way (To Mess Around And Fall In Love)
- The Everly Brothers - When Will I Be Loved
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?