Monday 25 July 1960
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Daniele Luchetti and Alain Robidoux.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to I'm Sorry by Brenda Lee.
In UK Good Timin' by Jimmy Jones was in the top 5 hits.
Inherit the Wind, directed by Stanley Kramer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while The Enemy Within by Robert F. Kennedy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Adventures of Tom Sawyer.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 July 1960!
Which were the important events of 25 July 1960 ?
- St. Thea
- Roman festivals - Furinalia
- Cuba - Eve of Revolution Day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Foundation of Santiago de QuerTtaro
- Puerto Rico - Constitution Day (1952)
- Tunisia - Republic Day (1957)
- Virgin Islands - Hurricane Supplication Day
- Inca - festival in honor of Ilyap'a
- Ebernoe Horn Fair, Sussex, England
- St. Valentine
- St. Paul
- St. Nissen
- St. Cucufas/Cougat
- St. Christopher
- Costa Rica - Anniversary of the Annexation of Guanacaste Province
- Galiza - National Day (Dia da Patria Galega).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Saint James the Great, the patron saint of Spain.
- Daniele Luchetti: Italian film director, screenwriter and actor.
- Alain Robidoux: Canadian snooker player.
- Justice Howard: American photographer.
- Māris Martinsons: Latvian film director producer screenwriter and film editor.
- US Republican Convention nominates Nixon as presidential candidate
- The Woolworth Company's lunch counter in Greensboro, North Carolina, the location of a sit-in that had sparked demonstrations by Negroes across the Southern United States, serves a meal to its first black customer.
- July 28 – In Chicago, the 1960 Republican National Convention nominates Vice-President Richard Nixon as its candidate for President of the United States, and Henry Cabot Lodge, Jr., as its candidate to become the new Vice-President.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Brenda Lee - I'm Sorry
- Roy Orbison - Only The Lonely (Know The Way I Feel)
- Hollywood Argyles - Alley-Oop
- Connie Francis - Everybody's Somebody's Fool
- Brian Hyland - Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polkadot Bikini
- The Fendermen - Mule Skinner Blues
- Safaris - Image Of A Girl
- Ray Peterson - Tell Laura I Love Her
- Hank Locklin - Please Help Me, I'm Falling
- Brenda Lee - That's All You Gotta Do
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?