Thursday 30 May 1968
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Zacarias Moussaoui and Philippe Valmont.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Mrs. Robinson by Simon and Garfunkel.
In UK What A Wonderful World / Cabaret by Louis Armstrong was in the top 5 hits.
The Swimmer, directed by Frank Perry, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Tower Of Babel by Morris West was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Prisoner.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi or Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 May 1968!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 30 May 1968 ?
- Saint Reinhilde
- Peru ? National Potato Day .
- United States ? Memorial Day (originally ? currently last Monday in May).
- Saint Ferdinand III
- Saint Gabinus
- Saint Jeanne d'Arc
- Trinidad and Tobago ? Indian Arrival Day(National Holiday).
- Zacarias Moussaoui: French terrorist, implicated in the strike against U.S.
- Philippe Valmont
- Tim Burgess: English rock vocalist (Charlatans-Only One I Know).
- Jerry Springer in White Plains: New York, USA; Canadian Tour golfer.
- Kelley Armstrong: Canadian author.
- Franck Louvrier: French businessman, the President of Publicis Events, Vice President of Publicis Consultants and former media adviser to the Minister and the President of the French Republic, Nicolas Sarkozy.
- Jason Kenney: Canadian lawyer and politician 40th Canadian Minister of National Defence.
- Amy Fuller: Westlake, California -- Rower (1992, 96 Olympics - 4th Place).
- Beatles begin work on their only double album Beatles
- President Charles de Gaulle disbands French parliament.
- University church in Leipzig, German Democratic Republic, blown up.
- West German Parliament accepts emergency crisis law.
- Charles De Gaulle reappears publicly after his flight to Baden-Baden, Germany, and dissolves the French National Assembly by a radio appeal. Immediately after, less than one million of his supporters march on the Champs-Elysees in Paris. This is the turning point of May 1968 in France.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Simon and Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson
- Hugo Montenegro - The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- The Rascals - A Beautiful Morning
- Archie Bell & The Drells - Tighten Up
- Bobby Goldsboro - Honey
- Ohio Express - Yummy Yummy Yummy
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Mony Mony
- Marvin Gaye - Ain't Nothing Like The Real Thing
- The Intruders - Cowboys To Girls
- Dionne Warwick - Do You Know The Way To San Jose
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?