Sunday 26 May 1968
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Frederik Crown Prince of Denmark and Willie Burton.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Tighten Up by Archie Bell & The Drells.
In UK What A Wonderful World / Cabaret by Louis Armstrong was in the top 5 hits.
The Swimmer, directed by Frank Perry, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The French Chef Cookbook by Julia Child was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Prisoner.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi or Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 May 1968!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 26 May 1968 ?
- Saint Germain of Paris
- Blessed Pieter of Ter Duinen
- Saint William of Aquitaine
- Saint Simitrius
- Saint Philip Neri (died 1595)
- Saint Lambert (d.1154)
- Saint Berenger (died 1093)
- Georgia - National Day
- Poland - Mother's Day
- Australia - National Sorry Day
- Frederik Crown Prince of Denmark
- Willie Burton: American basketball player: guard/forward.
- Crown Prince: Frederik of Denmark.
- Pat Kenney: American professional wrestler.
- Fernando Leon de Aranoa: Spanish film director.
- Crown Frederik: Danish royalty, the son of Queen Margrethe II and Prince Henrik of Denmark.
- Christopher Burge: American biologist and academic.
- Frederik : Heir Apparent Crown Prince of Denmark.
- Simon Diamond: American baseball player and wrestler.
- Fernando de Aranoa: Spanish director producer and screenwriter.
- Steve Sedgley: English footballer and manager.
- Rachael Sporn: Australian basketball forward (1996 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- William E "Little Willie" John: American R&B-singer (Fever), dies at age 30.
- Kathy Whitworth wins LPGA Dallas Civitan Golf Open.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Archie Bell & The Drells - Tighten Up
- Simon and Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson
- The Rascals - A Beautiful Morning
- Hugo Montenegro - The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- Bobby Goldsboro - Honey
- The Intruders - Cowboys To Girls
- The Irish Rovers - The Unicorn
- Marvin Gaye - Ain't Nothing Like The Real Thing
- Stevie Wonder - Shoo-Be-Doo-Be-Doo-Da-Day
- Dionne Warwick - Do You Know The Way To San Jose
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?