Wednesday 8 May 1968
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jamie Summers and John Johnson.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Honey by Bobby Goldsboro.
In UK What A Wonderful World / Cabaret by Louis Armstrong was in the top 5 hits.
The Swimmer, directed by Frank Perry, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Tower Of Babel by Morris West was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Anker auf und Leinen los!.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi or Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1968 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- Jamie Summers: American porn star.
- John Johnson: NFL linebacker (New Orleans Saints).
- Franklin Langham in Augusta: Georgia, USA; Nike golfer (1993 Permian Basin Open).
- Omar Camporese: Italian tennis player.
- Teet Kask: Estonian ballet dancer and choreographer.
- Chris Lighty: American talent manager co-founded Violator Entertainment (d. 2012)
- Nathalie Normandeau: Canadian politician Deputy Premier of Quebec
- Johan Pehrson: Swedish lawyer and politician
- Peng Zhaoqin: Chinese Dutch chess player
- Pulitzer prize awarded to William Styron (Confessions of Nat Turner)
- Jim (Catfish) Hunter of Oakland Athletics pitches perfect game vs Minnesota Twins (4-0).
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Goldsboro - Honey
- Archie Bell & The Drells - Tighten Up
- Union Gap - Young Girl
- Hugo Montenegro - The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- The Box Tops - Cry Like A Baby
- The Rascals - A Beautiful Morning
- The Intruders - Cowboys To Girls
- The Irish Rovers - The Unicorn
- Simon and Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson
- The Beatles - Lady Madonna
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?