Sunday 19 May 1968
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Justin and Jeanne Basone in Burbank.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Tighten Up by Archie Bell & The Drells.
In UK What A Wonderful World / Cabaret by Louis Armstrong was in the top 5 hits.
The Devil's Brigade, directed by Andrew V. McLaglen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Tower Of Babel by Morris West was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Anker auf und Leinen los!.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi or Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 May 1968!
Which were the important events of 19 May 1968 ?
- National Hug-Your-Cat Day
- NASCAR Day USA.(2006)
- Commemoration of Pontian Greeks Genocide in Greece.
- Commemoration of Atatnrk, Youth and Sports Day in Turkey (1919).
- Theophilus of Corte
- Peter Celestine
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Dunstan
- Paul Justin: NFL quarterback (Indianapolis Colts).
- Jeanne Basone in Burbank: California, USA; wrestler (Hollywood-GLOW).
- James Parrish: NFL outside linebacker (Pittsburgh Steelers).
- Mark Janssens in Surrey: British Columbia, Canada; NHL center (Hartford Whalers).
- Jesse Peretz: American film maker, seen in the award-winning film "First Love, Last Rites," which opened in June 1998.
- Kyle Eastwood: American actor singer and bass player
- 20th Emmy Awards: Get Smart, Mission Impossible and Barbara Bain
- Pirate Radio Brumble of Northern England 1st heard
- Frank Howard fails to homer, after hitting ten in six consecutive games.
- In Los Angeles, California, and New York, New York, the 20th Annual Emmy Awards are presented, hosted by Frank Sinatra (Los Angeles) and Dick Van Dyke (New York).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 May 1968
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Archie Bell & The Drells - Tighten Up
- Simon and Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson
- Bobby Goldsboro - Honey
- Hugo Montenegro - The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- The Rascals - A Beautiful Morning
- The Intruders - Cowboys To Girls
- The Troggs - Love Is All Around
- The Irish Rovers - The Unicorn
- Union Gap - Young Girl
- Dionne Warwick - Do You Know The Way To San Jose
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?