Tuesday 21 May 1968
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Frédéric Leal and Lauren Hays.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Tighten Up by Archie Bell & The Drells.
In UK What A Wonderful World / Cabaret by Louis Armstrong was in the top 5 hits.
The Swimmer, directed by Frank Perry, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Double Helix by James Watson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Anker auf und Leinen los!.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi or Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 May 1968!
Which were the important events of 21 May 1968 ?
- Saint Constantine the Great
- Saints Constantine and Helena
- Saint Mireille
- Saint Charles-EugFne de Mazenod
- Dia de la Afrocolombianidad marks the abolition of slavery in Colombia.
- Navy Day (Dfa de las Glorias Navales) in Chile.
- Saint Goderik
- Frédéric Leal: French matador and banderillero.
- Lauren Hays: American singer-songwriter and actress.
- Ilmar Raag: Estonian director producer and screenwriter.
- Matthias Ungemach: German-Australian rower.
- Julie Vega: Filipino child actress and singer (d. 1985).
- Doris Lloyd: Actress (Oliver Twist), dies of heart strain at 71.
- Cubs Billy Williams sets outfielder record of 695 straight game
- Nuclear-powered sub Scorpion, with 99 men, reported missing and is later found at the bottom of the ocean off Azores
- Paul McCartney and Jane Asher attend an Andy Williams concert
- USSR performs nuclear test (underground)
- WEKW TV channel 52 in Keene, NH (PBS) begins broadcasting
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Archie Bell & The Drells - Tighten Up
- Simon and Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson
- The Rascals - A Beautiful Morning
- Hugo Montenegro - The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- Bobby Goldsboro - Honey
- The Intruders - Cowboys To Girls
- The Irish Rovers - The Unicorn
- Marvin Gaye - Ain't Nothing Like The Real Thing
- Stevie Wonder - Shoo-Be-Doo-Be-Doo-Da-Day
- Dionne Warwick - Do You Know The Way To San Jose
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?