Wednesday 8 October 1952
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Cliff Adams and Takis Koroneos.
The Flowers of St. Francis, directed by Roberto Rossellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Houses In Between by Howard Spring was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching I Married Joan.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1952!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1952 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Cliff Adams: Rocker.
- Takis Koroneos: Greek basketball player and coach.
- Jan Marijnissen: Dutch journalist and politician.
- Edward Zwick: American director producer and screenwriter.
- Joe Adams: American baseball player and manager (d. 1952).
- 2 trains collide with a derailed commuter train, kills 112 (England)
- Chinese offensive in Korea
- The Harrow and Wealdstone rail crash kills 112 people.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?