Monday 1 August 1966
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Wild Thing by The Troggs.
In UK With A Girl Like You by Troggs was in the top 5 hits.
This Property Is Condemned, directed by Sydney Pollack, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1966.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 August 1966!
Which were the important events of 1 August 1966 ?
- Orthodox Christianity - Procession of the Cross
- Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago - Emancipation Day
- St. Pellegrini/Peregrinus
- Angola - Armed Forces Day
- Switzerland - National Day
- Benin - National Day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Kam�l (Perfection) - First day of the eighth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Sts. Faith, Hope, and Charity (sisters).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Ethelwolf
- Yorkshire, United Kingdom - Yorkshire Day
- People's Republic of China - Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army
- Lughnasadh - L� L�nasa, the traditional first day of Autumn in Ireland.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the liberation of Haile Selassie from slavery
- Nicaragua - Fiesta Day
- Lammas - Neopagan festival of Lammas
- Lebanon - Army's Day (Eid al-Jaysh)
- World Scout Day - anniversary of the first day of the Brownsea Island Camp in 1907, where Robert Baden-Powell began scouting.
- Democratic Republic of Congo - Parent's Day
- Horacia de la Pena: Argentina -- Tennis star.
- Pat Carter: NFL tight end (Arizona Cardinals).
- James St James: American author and nightlife personality.
- Mark Pitman: English national hunt jockey who won over 300 races during his ten year riding career, many at the top level, and was leading jockey at the prestigious Aintree festival.
- George Ducas: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- James James: American club promoter and author
- Former marine Charles Whitman kills 13 andwounds 31 at University of Texas
- Purges of intellectuals and imperialists becomes official People's Republic of China policy at the beginning of the Cultural Revolution.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Troggs - Wild Thing
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Lil' Red Riding Hood
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Summer In The City
- Crispian St. Peters - The Pied Piper
- Napoleon XIV - They're Coming To Take Me Away, Ha-Haaa!
- The Mamas and The Papas - I Saw Her Again
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Hanky Panky
- Tommy Roe - Sweet Pea
- The Rolling Stones - Mothers Little Helper
- Ray Conniff - Somewhere, My Love
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?