Sunday 14 August 1966
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Karl Petter L?ken and Halle Berry.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Summer In The City by The Lovin' Spoonful.
In UK With A Girl Like You by Troggs was in the top 5 hits.
This Property Is Condemned, directed by Sydney Pollack, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Informer.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1966.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 August 1966!
Which were the important events of 14 August 1966 ?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- Pakistan - Independence Day
- RC saints - Maximilian Kolbe (Polish Franciscan priest martyred by Nazis in 1941)
- Morocco - Allegiance of Oued Eddahab or Rfo de Oro
- United States - National Creamsicles Day
- Karl Petter L?ken: Norwegian footballer.
- Halle Berry: American actress, able to play sexy and vulnerable or cute and sassy.
- David Hallyday: French singer and noted family, the son of French rock star Johnny Hallyday.
- Paolo Tofoli: Italian volleyball player, a member of the Italian Men's team that won a Silver Medal 8/04/1996 at the Atlantic Olympics and a Bronze Medal in 2000.
- Karl Løken: Swedish-Norwegian footballer and sportscaster.
- Tuncay Özkan: Turkish journalist and politician
- Tip Snooke: South African cricketer (Born 1881).
- 1st US lunar orbiter begins orbiting Moon
- Kathy Whitworth wins LPGA Lady Carling Golf Open
- First US lunar orbiter begins orbiting the Moon.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Summer In The City
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Lil' Red Riding Hood
- Napoleon XIV - They're Coming To Take Me Away, Ha-Haaa!
- The Troggs - Wild Thing
- Crispian St. Peters - The Pied Piper
- The Mamas and The Papas - I Saw Her Again
- Bobby Hebb - Sunny
- The Rolling Stones - Mothers Little Helper
- Ray Conniff - Somewhere, My Love
- Tommy Roe - Sweet Pea
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?