Tuesday 1 August 1967
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Light My Fire by The Doors.
In UK A Whiter Shade Of Pale by Procol Harum was in the top 5 hits.
In the Heat of the Night, directed by Norman Jewison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1967.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 August 1967!
Which were the important events of 1 August 1967 ?
- Orthodox Christianity - Procession of the Cross
- Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago - Emancipation Day
- St. Pellegrini/Peregrinus
- Angola - Armed Forces Day
- Switzerland - National Day
- Benin - National Day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Kam�l (Perfection) - First day of the eighth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Sts. Faith, Hope, and Charity (sisters).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Ethelwolf
- Yorkshire, United Kingdom - Yorkshire Day
- People's Republic of China - Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army
- Lughnasadh - L� L�nasa, the traditional first day of Autumn in Ireland.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the liberation of Haile Selassie from slavery
- Nicaragua - Fiesta Day
- Lammas - Neopagan festival of Lammas
- Lebanon - Army's Day (Eid al-Jaysh)
- World Scout Day - anniversary of the first day of the Brownsea Island Camp in 1907, where Robert Baden-Powell began scouting.
- Democratic Republic of Congo - Parent's Day
- Richard Whiten: TV Actor.
- Gregg Jefferies: Burlingame, California -- Infielder (NY Mets, Royals, Phillies).
- José Padilha: Brazilian director producer and screenwriter.
- Lori Endicott: Kansas City, Missouri -- Volleyball setter (Olympic Bronze-92, 96).
- Jean-Jacques Elangué: French jazz saxophonist, born to Cameroonian parents.
- Richard Kuhn: Austrian chemist, Nobel Prize Laureate (Born 1900).
- WBRA TV channel 15 in Roanoke, VA (PBS) begins broadcasting
- Israel annexes East Jerusalem.
- Race riots in the United States spread to Washington, D.C..
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Doors - Light My Fire
- Stevie Wonder - I Was Made To Love Her
- The Beatles - All You Need Is Love
- The Association - Windy
- Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade Of Pale
- Can't Take My Eyes Off You - Frankie Valli
- The Buckinghams - Mercy, Mercy, Mercy
- Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit
- The Monkees - Pleasant Valley Sunday
- The Music Explosion - Little Bit O'Soul
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?