Tuesday 1 June 1976
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Love Hangover by Diana Ross.
In UK Fernando by Abba was in the top 5 hits.
The Man Who Fell to Earth, directed by Nicolas Roeg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Trinity by Leon Uris was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1976.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1976!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1976 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- Camille Martens: Vancouver, British Columbia -- Gymnist (1996 Olympics).
- Marlon Devonish: English sprinter and coach.
- Kōhei Murakami: Japanese actor.
- Pieter Balledux: Actor / stage manager / resistance fighter, dies at 89.
- Great-Britain and Iceland terminate codfish war
- The UK and Iceland end the Cod War.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Love Hangover
- Wings - Silly Love Songs
- Silver Convention - Get Up And Boogie (That's Right)
- Dorothy Moore - Misty Blue
- Pratt and McClain - Happy Days
- Henry Gross - Shannon
- John Sebastian - Welcome Back
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Sara Smile
- Captain and Tennille - Shop Around
- The Rolling Stones - Fool To Cry
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?