Tuesday 22 June 1976
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Grégory Deswarte and Claudia Fernandez.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Silly Love Songs by Wings.
In UK Combine Harvester by The Wurzels was in the top 5 hits.
The Omen, directed by Richard Donner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Trinity by Leon Uris was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Power Without Glory.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Sea Wolf or Starship 1.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 June 1976!
Which were the important events of 22 June 1976 ?
- Grégory Deswarte: French footballer who played as a defender for Calais from 1998 to 2001.
- Claudia Fernandez: Uruguayan award-winning TV hostess,fashion model, and actress, known for her work in Uruguay and Argentina.
- Gordon Moakes: English bass player (Bloc Party and Young Legionnaire).
- Godspell opens at Broadhurst Theater NYC for 527 performances
- SD Padre pitcher Randy Jones ties record of 68 innings without a walk
- The Canadian House of Commons abolishes capital punishment.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Wings - Silly Love Songs
- Silver Convention - Get Up And Boogie (That's Right)
- Dorothy Moore - Misty Blue
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Sara Smile
- Captain and Tennille - Shop Around
- More, More, More (Part 1) - Andrea True Connection
- Starland Vocal Band - Afternoon Delight
- Diana Ross - Love Hangover
- The Brothers Johnson - I'll Be Good To You
- The Manhattans - Kiss And Say Goodbye
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?