Friday 18 June 1976
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Witte Wartena and Adam Grimes.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Silly Love Songs by Wings.
In UK Combine Harvester by The Wurzels was in the top 5 hits.
The Omen, directed by Richard Donner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Trinity by Leon Uris was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Power Without Glory.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Death Race or Stunt Cycle.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 June 1976!
Which were the important events of 18 June 1976 ?
- Seychelles - National Day.
- Brazil - Chemist's Day.
- Father's Day, US, UK, Chile (2006).
- Autistic Pride Day, beginning in 2005.
- Witte Wartena: Dutch artist.
- Adam Grimes: American actor, best known for his portrayal of Kyle Julian on the American soap opera General Hospital: Night Shift.
- Felix Heredia: Dominican-American baseball player: pitcher, Marlins.
- Blake Shelton: American country singer.
- Alana de la Garza: American actress.
- St. Louis Cardinals Lou Brock and Hector Cruz hit inside-the-park HRs
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Wings - Silly Love Songs
- Silver Convention - Get Up And Boogie (That's Right)
- Dorothy Moore - Misty Blue
- Diana Ross - Love Hangover
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Sara Smile
- Henry Gross - Shannon
- Captain and Tennille - Shop Around
- More, More, More (Part 1) - Andrea True Connection
- Starland Vocal Band - Afternoon Delight
- The Brothers Johnson - I'll Be Good To You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?