Wednesday 23 June 1976
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paola Suarez and Patrick Monahan.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Silly Love Songs by Wings.
In UK Combine Harvester by The Wurzels was in the top 5 hits.
The Outlaw Josey Wales, directed by Clint Eastwood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Trinity by Leon Uris was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Power Without Glory.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Quiz Show or Starship 1.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 June 1976!
Which were the important events of 23 June 1976 ?
- J??i (L?go) - Latvia
- Saint Jonas Day - Lithuania
- The Happiest day of the year is June 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- National holiday - Luxembourg
- Midsummer's Eve, Christianized the eve of the feast of Saint John the Baptist, is celebrated in much of Northern Europe and the British Islands
- Victory Day - Estonia
- Father's Day - Poland
- Paola Suarez: Pergamino, Argentina -- Tennis star (1995 Futures-Buenos Aires).
- Patrick Monahan: British comedian.
- Patrick Vieira: Former French footballer (defender), he was part of the French squad in the 1998 FIFA World Cup and won the 2000 European Championship as midfield player.
- Mizchif : Zimbabwean-South African rapper (d. 2014).
- Wade Barrett: American soccer player and manager.
- Joe Becker: American guitarist and composer
- Savvas Poursaitidis: Greek-Cypriot footballer and scout
- Aaron Ruell: American actor director and photographer
- Brandon Stokley: American football player
- Paola Suárez: Argentinian tennis player
- Emmanuelle Vaugier: Canadian actress and singer
- CCN Tower in Toronto, tallest free-standing structure (555 m) opens
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 June 1976
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Wings - Silly Love Songs
- Silver Convention - Get Up And Boogie (That's Right)
- Dorothy Moore - Misty Blue
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Sara Smile
- Captain and Tennille - Shop Around
- More, More, More (Part 1) - Andrea True Connection
- Starland Vocal Band - Afternoon Delight
- Diana Ross - Love Hangover
- The Brothers Johnson - I'll Be Good To You
- The Manhattans - Kiss And Say Goodbye
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?