Thursday 1 June 1989
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Audrey Middleton and Tiffany Darlyn.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Rock On by Michael Damian.
In UK Hand On Your Heart by Kylie Minogue was in the top 5 hits.
No Holds Barred, directed by Thomas J. Wright, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while While My Pretty One Sleeps by Mary Higgins Clark was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Absolutely.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Kenny Dalglish Soccer Manager or Face Off!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1989!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1989 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- Audrey Middleton: Reality Star.
- Tiffany Darlyn: YouTube Star.
- Brooklyn Lee: American porn actress.
- Sammy Mutahi: Kenyan runner.
- Aurelio Lampredi: Italian automobile and aircraft engine designer (d. 1989).
- 62nd National Spelling Bee: Scott Isaacs wins spelling spoliator
- Robin Givens and Mike Tyson granted final divorce in New Jersey
- Typhoon Lagoon water park opens at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida, covering 56 acres.
- Oba Chandler murders an Ohio family on their Florida vacation by drowning them in Tampa Bay.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 June 1989
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Michael Damian - Rock On
- Donny Osmond - Soldier Of Love
- Bette Midler - Wind Beneath My Wings
- Guns N' Roses - Patience
- New Kids On The Block - I'll Be Loving You (Forever)
- Bobby Brown - Every Little Step
- Jody Watley - Real Love
- Paula Abdul - Forever Your Girl
- Neneh Cherry - Buffalo Stance
- Lita Ford - Close My Eyes Forever
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?