Sunday 4 June 1989
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Federico Erba and Paweł Fajdek.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Rock On by Michael Damian.
In UK Sealed With A Kiss by Jason Donovan was in the top 5 hits.
Star Trek V: The Final Frontier, directed by William Shatner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while While My Pretty One Sleeps by Mary Higgins Clark was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Absolutely.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Aleste 2 or Dragon Ball Z.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1989.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 June 1989!
Which were the important events of 4 June 1989 ?
- Feast day of St Francis Caracciolo.
- Feast day of Saint Petrock of Cornwall.
- United States - Pentecost in 2006
- Hong Kong - Tiananmen Square Protest of 1989 memorial day.
- Finland - National flag day of the Finnish Defence Forces (on Mannerheim's birthday).
- Tonga - National Day.
- International Innocent Child Abuse Victim Day.
- Federico Erba: Italian footballer.
- Paweł Fajdek: Polish hammer thrower.
- Eldar Gasimov: Azerbaijani singer (Ell & Nikki).
- Gas explodes near 2 passenger trains in the USSR, kills 100s
- Patty Sheehan wins LPGA Rochester Golf International
- Red Sox lead Blue Jays 10-0 in 7th, but lose 12-11 in 12 for Blue Jays 12th consecutive victory at Fenway
- Beijing cop shoots and wounds Chinese priemer Li Ping.
- Largest parade in Bronx, New York, history honors 350th anniversary.
- Ali Khamenei is elected the new Supreme Leader of Islamic republic of Iran by the Assembly of Experts after the death of Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini.
- Ufa train disaster: A natural gas explosion near Ufa, Russia, kills 575 as two trains passing each other throw sparks near a leaky pipeline.
- Solidarity's victory in the first (somewhat) free parliamentary elections in post-war Poland sparks off a succession of peaceful anti-communist revolutions in Eastern Europe, leads to the creation of the so-called Contract Sejm and begins the Autumn of Nations.
- At the Consumer Electronics Show in Chicago, Nintendo introduces the Game Boy portable hand-held video game system, with monochrome display. Price is US$89.95, including the Tetris game cartridge.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Michael Damian - Rock On
- Donny Osmond - Soldier Of Love
- Bette Midler - Wind Beneath My Wings
- Guns N' Roses - Patience
- New Kids On The Block - I'll Be Loving You (Forever)
- Bobby Brown - Every Little Step
- Jody Watley - Real Love
- Paula Abdul - Forever Your Girl
- Neneh Cherry - Buffalo Stance
- Lita Ford - Close My Eyes Forever
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?