Tuesday 2 July 1935
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Raven, directed by Louis Friedlander, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1935.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1935!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1935 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Gilbert Kalish in Brooklyn: New York, USA; pianist/professor (SUNY Stony Brook).
- Dick Dolman: Economist / Dutch politician 2nd Chamber.
- Ed Bullins: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania -- Playwright.
- Great Britain boxers beat US team in first international Golden Gloves.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?