Sunday 2 June 1935
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Triumph of Sherlock Holmes, directed by Leslie S. Hiscott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1935!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1935 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Carol Shields: American-Canadian author poet and playwright (d. 2003).
- Roger Brierley: English actor and singer (d. 2005).
- Dimitri Kitsikis: Greek poet and educator.
- Babe Ruth, 40, announces his retirement as a player
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?