Monday 2 May 1960
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Stuck On You by Elvis Presley.
In UK Cathy's Clown by The Everly Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
The Rickshaw Man, directed by Hiroshi Inagaki, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 2 May 1960 ?
- Saint Zoe
- Saint Mafalda
- Saint Waldebert, Walbert or Gaubert
- Saint Germanus
- Saints Exuperius and Zoe
- Saint Boris
- Saint Athanasius
- Indonesia - Indonesia National Education Day
- Iran - Teacher's Day
- Slovenia - second day of Labour Day
- Madrid Region - Day of the Region.
- Bah�'f Faith: Last day of the Festival of Ridv�n
- Poland - Flag Day, an official holiday to honour the Flag of Poland
- saint tsar Boris
Famous Birthdays:02 May
- Caryl Chessman: American homicide; called the "Red Light Bandit" as he would flash a red light on his car to stop people, pretending to be a cop, rape the woman and rob the man.
- Harry Belafonte 2nd Carnegie Hall performance
- House investigating committee, looking into payola questions
- Pulitzer prize awarded to Al Drury (Advice & Consent)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Percy Faith - The Theme From A Summer Place
- Elvis Presley - Stuck On You
- The Brothers Four - Greenfields
- Connie Stevens - Sixteen Reasons
- Johnny Horton - Sink The Bismarck
- Jackie Wilson - Night
- Brenda Lee - Sweet Nothin's
- The Browns - The Old Lamplighter
- Johnny Preston - Cradle Of Love
- Billy Bland - Let The Little Girl Dance
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?