Saturday 14 May 1960
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Frank Nobilo in Auckland and ''Dr Death'' Steve Williams.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Stuck On You by Elvis Presley.
In UK Cathy's Clown by The Everly Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
Pollyanna, directed by David Swift, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching An Age of Kings.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 May 1960!
Which were the important events of 14 May 1960 ?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Paraguay - Flag Day.
- St. Maria Dominic Mazzarello
- St. Just
- St. Engelmer
- St. Vincent of Lerins
- St. Victor and Corona
- St. Boniface of Tarsus
- St. Michael Garicoits
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: St. Matthias (Apostle)
- St. Engelmund
- Frank Nobilo in Auckland: New Zealand; Australasia golfer.
- ''Dr Death'' Steve Williams: American wrestler (d. 2009).
- Christian Degoul: French homicide; with the aid of his mistress, killed his wife 1/30/1982.
- Alec Dankworth: British musician and noted family, the son of John Dankworth and Cleo Laine.
- Frank Nobilo: New Zealander professional golfer: PGA Tour.
- Anne Clark: English singer-songwriter and poet
- Ronan Tynan: Irish tenor (The Irish Tenors)
- Death : American football player and wrestler (d. 2009)
- At the Drop of a Hat closes at John Golden NYC after 216 performances
- USSR launch 1st (unmanned) space capsule
- The Kenyan African National Congress Party is founded in Kenya, when 3 political parties join forces.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - Stuck On You
- The Brothers Four - Greenfields
- The Everly Brothers - Cathy's Clown
- Jackie Wilson - Night
- Connie Stevens - Sixteen Reasons
- Johnny Horton - Sink The Bismarck
- The Browns - The Old Lamplighter
- Johnny Preston - Cradle Of Love
- Neil Sedaka - Stairway To Heaven
- Billy Bland - Let The Little Girl Dance
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?