Tuesday 10 May 1960
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Victoria Rowell in Portland and Bono .
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Stuck On You by Elvis Presley.
In UK Cathy's Clown by The Everly Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
Hiroshima Mon Amour, directed by Alain Resnais, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching An Age of Kings.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1960.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 May 1960!
Which were the important events of 10 May 1960 ?
- Saint Gordianus
- Saint Isidore the Laborer
- Saint John of Avila
- Saint Job
- Saint Quaratus and Quintus
- Saint Peter Van
- Saint William of Pontoise
- Buddha's Birthday in Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, and South Korea.
- Saint Francis of Assisi
- Saint Solange
- The first possible day on which Pentecost may fall.
- Akshaya Tritya in Hinduism.
- Astronomy Day in the United States.
- Birds' and Trees' Day in Hungary
- Memorial Day of Blessed Damien of Moloka'i
- Celebration of the Clandestine Retreat of Ma'at and Ra in Ancient Egypt.
- Constitution Day in the Federated States of Micronesia.
- Inauguration Day in South Africa.
- Mania (mythology) in Ancient Rome.
- The marriage of Shiva to Meenakshi in Madurai, India
- Victoria Rowell in Portland: Maine, USA; actress (Dr Amanda Bentley - Diagnosis Murder, Drucilla - The Young and the Restless).
- Bono : Irish singer with group U2 and social activist, raising millions of dollars as well as awareness of the poverty, famine and need for medical care that exists in many countries.
- Dean Heller: American lawyer and politician 15th Secretary of State of Nevada.
- Merlene Ottey: Jamaican / Italian running star (Olympics).
- John F Kennedy wins primary in West Virginia
- US atomic submarine USS Triton completes first circumnavigation of globe under water.
- USS Nautilus completes 1st circumnavigation of globe under water
- The nuclear submarine USS Triton completes Operation Sandblast, the first underwater circumnavigation of the earth.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - Stuck On You
- The Brothers Four - Greenfields
- The Everly Brothers - Cathy's Clown
- Jackie Wilson - Night
- Connie Stevens - Sixteen Reasons
- Johnny Horton - Sink The Bismarck
- The Browns - The Old Lamplighter
- Johnny Preston - Cradle Of Love
- Neil Sedaka - Stairway To Heaven
- Billy Bland - Let The Little Girl Dance
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?