Monday 30 May 1960
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Cathy's Clown by The Everly Brothers.
Pollyanna, directed by David Swift, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1960.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 May 1960!
Which were the important events of 30 May 1960 ?
- Saint Reinhilde
- Peru ? National Potato Day .
- United States ? Memorial Day (originally ? currently last Monday in May).
- Saint Ferdinand III
- Saint Gabinus
- Saint Jeanne d'Arc
- Trinidad and Tobago ? Indian Arrival Day(National Holiday).
- Stephen Duffy: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Duran Duran The Lilac Time The Devils and Me Me Me).
- Stephen "Tea: Tower" Duffy; rocker (Lilac Time - "Paradise Song").
- Boris Pasternak: Russian writer, a novelist and poet who won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1958 and rejected the award because of pressure from his government.
- Cemal Gürsel forms the new government of Turkey (its 24th government, composed mostly of so-called quottechnocratsquot)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?