Friday 2 November 1928
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Geoffrey Pardoe and Gerry Alexander.
October (Ten Days that Shook the World), directed by Sergei M. Eisenstein, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1928!
Which were the important events of 2 November 1928 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 November 1928
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?