Sunday 2 November 1958
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to It's All In The Game by Tommy Edwards.
In UK Stupid Cupid / Carolina Moon by Connie Francis was in the top 5 hits.
Mon Oncle, directed by Jacques Tati, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Around The World With Auntie Mame by Patrick Dennis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1958!
Which were the important events of 2 November 1958 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
- Willie McGee: American baseball player and manager.
- Willie McGee baseball player (Saint Louis Cardinals: 1985 National League Most Valuable Player).
- Bobby Dall: rocker (Poison - "Every Rose Has a Thorn").
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tommy Edwards - It's All In The Game
- Conway Twitty - It's Only Make Believe
- The Kingston Trio - Tom Dooley
- Cozy Cole - Topsy II
- Bobby Day - Rock-In Robin
- Little Anthony and the Imperials - Tears On My Pillow
- The Everly Brothers - Bird Dog
- Tommy Dorsey Orchestra - Tea For Two Cha Cha
- Robin Luke - Susie Darlin'
- Big Bopper - Chantilly Lace
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?