Saturday 2 November 1946
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Strange Woman, directed by Edgar Ulmer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1946!
Which were the important events of 2 November 1946 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
- Zoë Readhead: British educator, the daughter A. S. Neill, the Scottish educator and author known for his independent school, Summerhill School, where she was born and currently serves as principal.
- Giuseppe Sinopoli: Italian musician, a composer and conductor.
- Susan St Thomas: American astrologer and an exhibiting fine artist, published on limited edition prints, cards, calendars, book and album covers.
- Alan Jones: Australia -- Auto racer (1980 World Champion).
- Marieta Severo: Brazilian actress.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1946 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- The Old Lamp-Lighter - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- Ole Buttermilk Sky - Paul Weston & His Orchestra
- Put that Kiss Back Where You Found It - Sam Donahue & His Orchestra
- This is Always - Harry James & His Orchestra
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?