Sunday 2 November 1947
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Anthony Ahern and Dave Pegg.
Forever Amber, directed by Otto Preminger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Eye Witness.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1947!
Which were the important events of 2 November 1947 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
- David Anthony Ahern: Composer.
- Dave Pegg: English bass player and producer (Fairport Convention Jethro Tull and Ian Campbell Folk Group).
- 7th Ryder Cup: US wins 11-1 at Portland Country Club - Oregon
- Off California, the Hughes Flying Boat, nicknamed the Spruce Goose for its birch and spruce construction, the largest aircraft ever built (320-foot wingspan, eight propellor engines), is piloted by designer Howard Hughes on its first and only flight. The float plane is flown 70 feet above the water for a mile.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1947 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?