Saturday 2 September 2006
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to London Bridge by Fergie.
In UK Hips Don't Lie by Shakira featuring Wyclef Jean was in the top 5 hits.
The Lives of Others, directed by Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Captain Underpants and the Preposterous Plight of the Purple Potty People by Dav Pilke was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mondenii.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Caesar IV or CellFactor: Combat Training.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 2006!
Which were the important events of 2 September 2006 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 02 September
- Bob Mathias: American athlete who was the sole competitor in modern history to win the decathlon on two separate occasions.
- US military hands over the Abu Ghraib prison to the Iraqi government.
- Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki meets with Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani in Najaf, Iraq. (Al Jazeera)
- In Afghanistan, 14 British armed forces personnel are killed after their aircraft crashes in Kandahar. (BBC)
- Offices of at least six Alaska legislators, including Republican Senate President Ben Stevens, son of the senior Republican U.S. Senator Ted Stevens, are raided by federal agents searching for possible ties between the lawmakers and VECO, an Anchorage based company whose executives are major contributors to political campaigns. (Anchorage Daily News)
- 2006 Israel-Lebanon conflict:
- Hezbollah sets up armed militias of more than 2,000 children of shahids aged 10-15, training them to sacrifice their lives, an Egyptian weekly reports. (Ynet)
- Italian troops arrive in Lebanon as part of the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon. Indonesia announces plans to contribute 1,000 troops to the force. (CNN)
- Israeli-Palestinian conflict:
- Donors promise $500m in aid for the Palestinian territories but the UN warns there must be a new peace process too. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?