Monday 3 August 1925
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Sally of the Sawdust, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 August 1925!
Which were the important events of 3 August 1925 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Gamaliel
- Equatorial Guinea - Armed Forces Day
- St. Nicodemus
- Niger - Independence Day
- St. Walthen
- Alain Touraine: French sociologist, best known for being the originator of the term "post-industrial society".
- Marv Levy: American-Canadian football player coach and manager.
- Guy Degrenne: French businessman, an industrialist who founded the Guy Degrenne company, a renowned manufacturer of cutlery, champagne buckets, plates, and other stainless steel cookware.
- William Bruce: Australian cricketer (Born 1864).
- Last US troops leave Nicaragua (there since 1912)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1925 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Gene Austin - Yes Sir! That's My Baby
- Don't Bring Lulu - Billy Jones & Ernest Hare
- Don't Bring Lulu - Billy Murray
- Yearning (Just For You) - Harry Reser's Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 3 August 1925 and get them!