Friday 21 August 1925
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Maurice Pialat and Don Chipp.
The Merry Widow, directed by Erich von Stroheim, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 August 1925!
Which were the important events of 21 August 1925 ?
- Ninoy Aquino Day - special holiday in the Philippines.
- Orthodox - Thaddaeus
- RC saints - Pope Pius X
- Roman festivals - Consualia, in honor of Consus, is held
- Maurice Pialat: French actor and director (d. 2003).
- Don Chipp: Australian politician, best known as the Minister in a conservative government who relaxed Australia's puritanical censorship laws.
- Toma Caragiu: Romanian actor (Born 1925).
- Judy Grable: American professional wrestler (d. 2008).
- BV Emmen soccer team forms
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1925 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- When You and I Were Seventeen - John McCormack
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?