Saturday 8 August 1925
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jack Stoddart and Alija Izetbegović.
Sally of the Sawdust, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1925!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1925 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- Jack Stoddart: Designer / socialist.
- Alija Izetbegović: Bosnian lawyer and politician 1st President of Bosnia and Herzegovina (d. 2003).
- Ginny Tyler: American voice actress and singer (d. 2012).
- 1st national march of Ku Klux Klan (200,000) in Washington, DC
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1925 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Oh How I Miss You Tonight - Lewis James
- Swanee Butterfly - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?