Wednesday 3 January 1900
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Fight Between a Lion and a Bull, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1900!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1900 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Dorothy Arnzer: director.
- Maurice Jaubert: French musician, a leading film composer of the 1930s.
- Donald J Russell: North American railroad executive (d. 1985).
- Donald Russell: American businessman (d. 1985).
- Edwin George Monk composer: dies at age 80.
- Perihelion Passage.
- Gerhart Hauptmanns "Schluck und Jau" premieres in Berlin.
- The United States Census estimates the country's population to be about 70 million people.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1900?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 3 January 1900 and get them!