Wednesday 3 January 1900
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dorothy Arnzer and Donald J Russell.
Fight Between a Lion and a Bull, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1900!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1900 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Dorothy Arnzer: director.
- Donald J Russell: North American railroad executive (d. 1985).
- Maurice Jaubert: French musician, a leading film composer of the 1930s.
- Donald Russell: American businessman (d. 1985).
- Edwin George Monk composer: dies at age 80.
- Perihelion Passage.
- Gerhart Hauptmanns "Schluck und Jau" premieres in Berlin.
- The United States Census estimates the country's population to be about 70 million people.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 3 January 1900
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1900?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?