Tuesday 23 December 1952
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
In UK Here In My Heart by Al Martino was in the top 5 hits.
My Cousin Rachel, directed by Henry Koster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while East Of Eden by John Steinbeck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1952!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1952 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- William Kristol: American journalist and publisher founded The Weekly Standard.
- Hans Abrahamsen: Composer.
- Helen Schneider: American singer and actress working mainly in Germany.
- Jean-Luc Lahaye: French pop singer, former TV host, and occasional writer.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1952 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus - Spike Jones & His City Slickers
- The Night Before Christmas Song - Rosemary Clooney & Gene Autry
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 23 December 1952 and get them!