Tuesday 23 January 1900
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Fight Between a Lion and a Bull, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1900.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 1900!
Which were the important events of 23 January 1900 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
- William Jones: Welsh organist and conductor (d. 1988).
- William Ifor Jones: Welsh conductor and organist (d. 1988).
- Mary Philips: Connecticut, United States -- Actress (Farewell to Arms, Incendiary Blonde).
- Ralph Graves: Cleveland, Ohio -- Actor (Dirigible, Flight, Dream Street).
- The Battle of Spion Kop between the forces of the South African Republic and the Orange Free State and British forces during the Second Boer War resulted in a British defeat.
- 5,000 Austrian miners go on strike.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1900 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Mandy Lee - Albert Campbell
- If you Were Only Mine - Albert Campbell
- I'd Leave My Happy Home for You - Edward M. Favor
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1900?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?