Sunday 3 July 1938
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Gandolfo and Shin Geum Dan.
Marie Antoinette, directed by W.S. Van Dyke II, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 July 1938!
Which were the important events of 3 July 1938 ?
- National holiday in Belarus
- Feast day of Saint Thomas
- Start of the Dog Days
- David Gandolfo: Horse trainer.
- Shin Geum Dan: North Korea -- 400m / 800m runner (1962 world record).
- Bolo Yeung: Hong Kong actor.
- Jean Aitchison: English linguist and academic.
- World speed record for a steam railway locomotive is set in England, by the Mallard, which reaches a speed of 126 miles per hour (203 km/h).
- President Franklin D. Roosevelt dedicates the Eternal Light Peace Memorial and lights the eternal flame at Gettysburg Battlefield.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?