Wednesday 20 July 1938
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lord McGowan and Dame Diana Rigg.
Love Finds Andy Hardy, directed by George B. Seitz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
On TV people were watching Order to View.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1938!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1938 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Lord McGowan: .
- Dame Diana Rigg: English actress.
- Natalie Wood [Natasha Gurdin] in San Francisco: California, USA; actor (Gypsy, Rebel Without a Cause).
- Jo Ann Campbell in Jacksonville: Florida, USA; Lawrence Welk's champagne lady.
- Diana Rigg: British actress, an attractive star who established her reputation in Shakespeare but gained international fame and popularity as karate-skilled secret agent Emma Peel in the TV action series "The Avengers.
- Natalie Wood: American actress, one of the few child stars who was able to make the transition from child roles to teenage and adult roles. She was born Natasha Nikolaevna Gurdin to Russian immigrant parents. One of the most universally popular actresses of her generation, she was petite, dark and attractive. Her first role was a bit part in "Happy Land" in 1943 when she was four. Her parents then moved to Los Angeles with hopes their daughter could develop an acting career. When eight years old, Natalie appe
- Deniz Baykal: Turkish lawyer and politician Deputy Prime Minister of Turkey
- Roger Hunt: English footballer
- Tony Oliva: Cuban-American baseball player and coach
- Finland awarded 1940 Olympic games after Japan withdraws
- The United States Department of Justice files suit in New York City against the motion picture industry charging violations of the Sherman Antitrust Act in regards to the studio system. The case would eventually result in a break-up of the industry in 1948.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 20 July 1938
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?