Saturday 9 July 1938
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Seiko Chihara and Brian Dennehy in Connecticut.
Algiers, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
On TV people were watching Ann and Harold.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 July 1938!
Which were the important events of 9 July 1938 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Our Lady of Peace.
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day: Martyrdom of the B�b.
- Palau - Constitution Day.
- Argentina - Independence Day.
- Roman festival - Caprotinia, or feasts of Juno Caprotina.
- Paul Seiko Chihara: Seattle, Washington -- US / Japanese composer.
- Brian Dennehy in Connecticut: USA; actor (The Check is in the Mail, F/X, Cocoon, Ants).
- Georges Frêche: French politician who served as President of the Languedoc-Roussillon Region from 2004 until his death on 24 October 2010.
- Brian Dennehy: American actor director and producer.
- Sanjeev Kumar: Indian actor (d. 1985).
- Benjamin Cardozo: American lawyer and judge (d. 1938).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?