Saturday 2 July 1938
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joseph Galante and Hal Reniff.
Marie Antoinette, directed by W.S. Van Dyke II, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1938!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1938 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Joseph Galante: American ecclesiastic, a Roman Catholic Bishop, who, on April 29, 2004, the eve of his installation as Bishop of Camden, NJ, claimed that he would not serve Holy Communion to Governor James E. McGreevey.
- Hal Reniff: American baseball player, a right-handed pitcher with the New York Yankees (1961-1967) and New York Mets (1967).
- Bob Ralston: American musician, a pianist and organist who achieved a level of fame on Lawrence Welk Show.
- Marcel Artelesa: .
- David Owen: English physician and politician Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs.
- 51st Wimbledon Womens Tennis: Helen Moody beats Helen Jacobs (64 60)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?