Thursday 28 July 1938
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alberto Fujimoro and George Cummings.
Booloo, directed by Clyde E. Elliott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
On TV people were watching Order to View.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 July 1938!
Which were the important events of 28 July 1938 ?
- St. Celsus
- St. Victor
- St. Innocent
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Nazarius
- San Marino - Fall of the Fascist Government
- Peru - Independence Day
- Faroe Islands - �lavs�ka Eve
- Canada - Commemoration of the deportation of the Acadians
- St. Sampson (a bishop)
- Alberto Fujimoro: President of Peru (1990- ).
- George Cummings: Rocker (Dr Hook & Medicine Show).
- Robert Hughes [Studley Forrest]: Australia -- Writer / critic (Barcelona).
- Ian McCaskill: Scottish weather forecaster.
- Luis Aragones: Spanish football manager.
- George Davidson: American chemical engineer, operations administrator and CEO of Consolidated Natural Gas. Davidson is a methodical consensus-building type of manager. He graduated from college with a BS in Petroleum Engineering and enjoys gardening for leisure.
- Alberto Fujimori: Japanese-Peruvian politician, who became President of Peru in 1990. On 11/22/2000, he was declared morally unfit for office and was dismissed by Congress. Parliament would not even accept his resignation. As a result, Fujimori withdrew to his ancestral Japan where he plans to stay for some time.
- Chuan Leekpai: Thai prime minister from September 1992 until July 1995. He became active in Thai politics since 1969. Trained as an attorney he rose through the political ranks to assume the leadership of the nation's Democratic Party.
- Mabel Manzotti: Argentine film, stage and television actress. Her film credits included Besos en la Frente, while her telenovela credits included roles in Vidas robadas. However, she was perhaps best known for her role as Bochita in the 1960s Argentine television series, El botón, opposite Jorge Porcel and Alberto Olmedo.
- Luis Aragonés: Spanish footballer coach and manager (d. 2014)
- Arsen Dedić: Croatian singer-songwriter and poet (d. 2015)
- 34,000-ton Cunard-White Star liner Mauretania launched at Birkenhead
- Bradman scores 202 Aust vs. Somerset, 225 mins, 32 fours
- A revolt against the Ioannis Metaxas dictatorship is put down in Chania, Greece.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?