Thursday 21 July 1938
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Anton Emil Kuerti and Les Aspin.
Love Finds Andy Hardy, directed by George B. Seitz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
On TV people were watching Order to View.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 July 1938!
Which were the important events of 21 July 1938 ?
- St. Zoticus
- St. Victor of Marseilles
- St. Barhadbesciabus
- St. Arbogastus
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Praxedes
- Singapore: Racial Harmony Day
- Guam: Liberation Day (1944)
- Bolivia: Martyrs' Day
- Belgium: National holiday (1831 - inauguration of LTopold I, first king of the Belgians)
- Anton Emil Kuerti: Composer.
- Les Aspin: American politician, the former Secretary of Defense, appointed by President Bill Clinton to steer the Pentagon into the uncharted waters of the post-cold war era, but who resigned under pressure.
- Francine Bergé: French film and stage actress.
- Janet Reno: American attorney, the chief prosecutor in Miami for 15 years before winning unanimous approval on 3/10/1993 from the Senate Judiciary Committee to become the nation's first female Attorney General.
- Francine Berge: France Actor.
- Anton Kuerti: Austrian-Canadian pianist composer and conductor
- Owen Wister: American lawyer and author (d. 1938).
- Paul Hindemith and Leonide Massines ballet premieres in London
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?