Thursday 14 July 1938
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Amazing Dr. Clitterhouse, directed by Anatole Litvak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 July 1938!
Which were the important events of 14 July 1938 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden, an official flag day
- France and all French dependencies - Bastille Day
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 3rd day, not a holiday
- Jerry Rubin: American anti-war political activist of the turbulent '60s, a long-haired, bearded, vegetarian Yippie leader, radical member of the Chicago Seven, who urged his countrymen to "never trust anyone over 30.
- Richard Rust: American actor (d. 1994).
- Bob Scholl: Rocker (Mellow Kings).
- Tommy Vig: Hungarian vibraphone player drummer and composer.
- Alberto Colussi: Italian executive, the director general of a major Italian corporation.
- Mussolini publishes anti-Jewish / African manifest
- Howard Hughes sets a new record by completing a 91-hour airplane flight around the world.
- Howard Hughes sets a new record by completing a 91 hour airplane flight around the world.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?