Saturday 30 July 1938
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Letter of Introduction, directed by John M. Stahl, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 July 1938!
Which were the important events of 30 July 1938 ?
- Vanuatu - Independence Day
- St. Julitta (a martyr)
- St. Sennen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Abdon
- Herve de Charette: French politician.
- Hervé de Charette: French politician French Minister of Foreign Affairs.
- Terry O'Neill: English photographer.
- Kate Næss: Norwegian poet and translator.
- Vayachselav Ivanenko: USSR -- 50K walker (1988 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Franz Ernst: Danish film director, nationally acknowledged for his work. Ernst was Chairman of the Danish Movie Directors Union in 1999. He has made many documentary and education films as well as entertainment features.
- Daniel Hechter: French fashion designer coming from a family line of fashion designers. At the age of four, he was forced to flee from Paris with his mother and did not see his father, a prisoner of war, until he was seven.
- Gen Metaxas names himself Premier of Greece
- The first ever issue of ''The Beano'' is published.
- August ndash In the face of overwhelming Japanese military pressure, Chiang Kai-shek withdraws his government to Chungking.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?