Sunday 3 July 1955
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Unchained Melody by Jimmy Young was in the top 5 hits.
Mister Roberts, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Something Of Value by Robert Ruark was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 July 1955!
Which were the important events of 3 July 1955 ?
- National holiday in Belarus
- Feast day of Saint Thomas
- Start of the Dog Days
- Claude Rajotte: Canadian radio and television host.
- Walter Veltroni: Italian publicist, politician, a member of the Communist Party and editor of the Communist Party Journal; a member of Parliament from 1987.
- Julia Lyndon: Buffalo, New York -- Playmate (August, 1977).
- Neil Clar: Rock guitarist (Lloyd Cole & The Commotions).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1955 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- Bill Haley and His Comets - (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock
- Unchained Melody - Les Baxter & His Orchestra
- Frank Sinatra - Learnin' The Blues
- Eddie Fisher - Heart
- Nat King Cole and the Four Knights - If I May
- Alan Dale - Sweet And Gentle
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?