Saturday 16 July 1955
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock by Bill Haley and His Comets.
In UK Unchained Melody by Jimmy Young was in the top 5 hits.
The Kentuckian, directed by Burt Lancaster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Something Of Value by Robert Ruark was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 July 1955!
Which were the important events of 16 July 1955 ?
- Botswana - President's Day (2nd day)
- Catholic - Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
- Zohar Argov: Israeli singer (Born 1955).
- Susan Wheeler: American poet and academic.
- Annie Whitehead: English trombonist.
- Jean de Merode [Marie-Louise Courtenay]: Belgian princess, dies at 81.
- Golden Horseshoe Revue 1st of 50,000+ performances, Disneyland
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1955 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- Fats Domino - Ain't It A Shame
- Bill Haley and His Comets - (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock
- Frank Sinatra - Learnin' The Blues
- Unchained Melody - Les Baxter & His Orchestra
- Something's Gotta Give (orchestra Of Sy Oliver) - Sammy Davis Jr.
- Nat King Cole and the Four Knights - If I May
- Alan Dale - Sweet And Gentle
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?