Sunday 3 July 1988
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Matty Mullins and Winston Reid.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Dirty Diana by Michael Jackson.
In UK Nothing's Gonna Change My Love For You by Glenn Medeiros was in the top 5 hits.
A Fish Called Wanda, directed by Charles Crichton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while Alaska by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rough Guide to Europe.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Amagon or Erika to Satoru no Yume Bōken.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 July 1988!
Which were the important events of 3 July 1988 ?
- National holiday in Belarus
- Feast day of Saint Thomas
- Start of the Dog Days
- Matty Mullins: Metal Singer.
- Winston Reid: New Zealand-Danish footballer.
- Vladislav Sesganov: Russian figure skater.
- James Troisi: Australian footballer.
- Gabriel Dell: Actor (Dead End Kids), dies of Leukemia at 68.
- 16th du Maurier Golf Classic: Sally Little
- US Vincennes in Strait of Hormoez shoots Iran Airbus A300, kills 290
- The Fatih Sultan Mehmet Bridge in Istanbul, Turkey is completed, providing the second connection between the continents of Europe and Asia over the Bosporus.
- United States Navy warship USS Vincennes shoots down Iran Air Flight 655 over the Persian Gulf, killing all 290 people aboard.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?